Child Saving Institute and Adoption
Adoption is a journey full of different experiences, and a decision that people come to for a variety of reasons. Some families want to adopt because they are unable to have children biologically. Others have been made aware of older child adoption and want to give a home to a child who waits. Regardless of where you might be on your journey, Child Saving Institute wants you to have an opportunity to learn about adoption and become more informed about the child for whom you might be the best adoptive parent.
For over 100 years, Child Saving Institute has played an active role in placing children for adoption. We are a leader in innovative local and national adoption practices, including open adoption, older child adoption, and post adoption support. Child Saving Institute’s adoption philosophies are based on the following beliefs:
- “The best interests of the child” is paramount to the vision and practice of placing a child.
- Every child has the right to a permanent, nurturing family.
- In every adoption placement, there are two clients – the child (the adoptee) and the birth parent(s). The adoptive family is the resource.
- Adoption is a lifelong process for all parties involved.
- The adoptive applicant is viewed as a partner with the agency, each having responsibilities and contributions to make in the child’s placement process.
- The agency is legally, morally, and ethically responsible for trying to place children in homes where they will have the opportunity to develop healthy self-concepts and receive the physical, emotional and spiritual nurturing they need to develop their full potential.
As you view this website for Nebraska’s Foster children, we hope to answer as many of your questions as possible about adoption and the children who wait for families. No matter where your adoption journey may take you, Child Saving Institute hopes to be a part of it, as a resource for information, education and support.
For more information on Foster Adoption download the Foster Adoption Inquiry Packet.